We create stellar products designed to be heirlooms passed down from one generation to the next. We aim for making things that get better with time and use, pull people out of their heads, and into the space between the hand and the eye. All of our current products are rooted in culinary adventures both at home and outdoors — we're looking for individuals to join our team who share our passion for these adventures.
If you don't see an open role below that fits your experience, but you're excited to join the team, feel free to reach out to email@example.com and introduce yourself!
When we launched Field in 2016, we wanted to methodically build a company and products that could endure the test of time. We started by meticulously redesigning an American classic with a modern twist: the cast iron skillet.
Five years later, we’re looking ahead to the next ten years and are seeking a Director of Product to lead the evolution of our product line through innovation in design and development. With great taste and a creative eye, our Director of Product will strategically plan our product roadmap and guide new products to market. They will establish an overarching vision that aligns with our unique brand identity and is relevant to our existing core customer base while enabling us to acquire new customers with compelling assortments. The Director of Product is an experienced product development leader, who has a strong interest and instinct for product which is backed by data and insights.
The ideal candidate is ridiculously passionate about good design and brings a rigor of method, a depth of intelligence, and a penchant for delight found in everyday objects.
* Take the lead on our product vision: define the short and long term product roadmap
* Own the development, design, curation, launch and financial management of Field’s product assortment - core, seasonal and limited edition offerings
* Source and manage execution of dropship, collaborations and whitelabel product partnerships
* Generate product strategies that drive channel growth
* Create Field’s strategic expansion roadmap into new product verticals to meet brand growth targets by opportunistically identifying cultural movements, open design space, attractive search query trends, competitive analysis, and direct feedback from customers
* Lead full lifecycle product development (design, develop, prototype, manufacture and launch)
* Collaborate with Creative team to ensure every product has a story and that this story is told through product creative direction, materials, color, form and marketing communications
* Translate the Field brand into “product on shelf,” ensuring every product serves a strategic purpose, aligns with Field’s product philosophy, and fulfills a merchandising need
* Drive the successful creation and execution of line plans that meet and exceed revenue, gross margin and inventory productivity goals through all channels
* Create the product development calendar in collaboration with Operations/Sourcing, Marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders
* Enact a program of continuous improvements to material and designs of existing products, with a “no improvement is too small” approach that both enhances quality and optimizes costs
* Build and maintain long-term relationships with our partners, treating them as part of the Field family
* Ensure inventory position is based on merchandising strategy and business trajectory, and inventory strategies align with product performance and in-season risks and opportunities
* Work with Sales / BD to curate assortments for our third party retailers and inform future product/channel strategy
* Partner with Operations/Sourcing to meet goals on time deliveries, IMU targets and customer unboxing experience
Who You Are:
* 8-10 years of experience in consumer product design and development as a foundation for developing brands for in omni-channel environment (ecommerce, brick-and-mortar, & wholesale channels)
* Compelling story-teller: skilled at communicating a strategic product narrative paired with a high level of confidence and clear articulation of the design approach and POV
* Team leader: the ability to lead a design team and move projects forward – including building a vision, generating creative deliverables, and providing constructive feedback
* Strong project management skills, can set and meet expectations around timeline and budgets
* Proven performance in building and growing brands through product line evolution
* Deep understanding of sourcing and production
* Strong product intuition with an attention to detail: bring a fine-tuned, exacting approach to tactile/aesthetic evaluation of product including material, finish, weight, ‘hand-feel’ and user experience
* A hands-on approach, comfortable prototyping and physically working through challenges in a workshop with your team
* Ability to analyze data from multiple viewpoints including market data, competitive offerings, and other information sources
* Curious and customer-driven; possess a deep knowledge of emerging trends, brands and products
* Excellent problem solving ability
* Empathetic nature with a relentlessly optimistic attitude
How to apply
Please apply at the following link.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Field Company is looking for interns to join us in 2021. We are a small and mighty team and interns will work across several different functions: marketing, growth & data, supply chain, and content / editorial research.
We are looking for interns that are great generalists and have a desire to learn quickly and get things done.
* Good written communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Desire to learn quickly
* Basic analytical skills (spreadsheets)
If you have more advanced skills in data analysis or computer science, please point them out and tell us what you've done.
Our interns are typically part-time and paid a stipend. Flexible remote hours are possible, but we prefer someone who can come into our DUMBO office at least once a week.
Send us an email at email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter letting us know a bit more about what you're most interested in learning.