Cast iron cooks are always looking for something bigger: for larger proteins, more room for crispiness to happen, and above all more delicious food to share. We made the Double-Handled No.16 Skillet for you, the ambitious cooks who live to entertain and demand the best tools for the job.
We’re big fans of outdoor cooking, especially backyard grilling and live-fire cooking in the wild. Our favorite setups always involve cast iron cookware and a set of simple, sturdy tools for moving food between hot and cold zones: extra-long tongs, a sturdy slotted grilling turner, and at least one sheet pan with a matching rack.
Here's how the Field No.16 measures up:
- 16 ¾" top diameter (edge-to-edge)
- 14 ¾" cooking surface
- 20 ⅝" width, including handles
- 4" handle width, for gloved hands of all sizes!
- 2 ⅛” depth
- 6.5 quart volume
- 14.75 lbs weight total weight
Please measure your oven width and depth to ensure a 16 ¾" x 20 ⅝" skillet (including handles) will fit comfortably.
Outdoor Cooking Tools:
- Rosewood Grilling Tongs: 21 ¾” length, 3” width, 1 ½” depth.
- Cherry-Handled Grilling Turner: 19” length (incl. handle), 9” length (blade only), 4” width, 0.35 lb weight.
- Heavy-duty aluminum half-sheet pan: 17.82” total length, 12.89” total width, 1” height
- Stainless steel grate: 16 ½” total length, 11 ¾” total width, 0.82” height.
A well-seasoned cast iron pan achieves a natural non-stick surface without harmful chemicals or engineered coatings. Your skillet will arrive pre-seasoned, so it’s ready to cook right away. Field cast iron cookware is compatible with all stovetop burner types, including glass and ceramic induction ranges.
Tongs and locking mechanism are made from stainless steel, with grooved rosewood handles. Rosewood is a sturdy hardwood, offering protection from heat.
Turner surface is made from high-carbon stainless steel, with beveled front edge and aluminum rivets. Handle is made from cherry wood with rawhide hanging loop.
Half-size sheet pan is made in the USA using heavy-duty 18-gauge aluminum, including fully encapsulated bead. Natural finish; fully recyclable. Matching size rack is made from 100% heavy-duty 22-gauge 300-Series stainless steel. Oven-safe and rust resistant.
All Field cast iron cookware is made in the USA. We source recycled iron from American vendors, and use green sand molds to pour cast iron. Our cast iron skillets are seasoned with multiple coats of grapeseed oil. No synthetic coatings, Teflon, or other materials.
The 20-inch Grilling Turner, and its companion pieces, the flexible Slotted Turner and Griddle Turner, are each made in the USA. Matching half-sheet pan and rack are manufactured by Vollrath, ensuring heavy-duty performance, rust resistance, and suitability for daily use—indoors and out. Sheet pan is made in USA. Stainless steel rack is made in China.
Like all great tools, cast iron cookware gets better with time and use.
To keep your Field Skillet in top condition:
- Pre-heat on low for up to 5 minutes before you start cooking.
- Use acidic ingredients sparingly.
- Clean according the Field Method for Cast Iron Care & Maintenance.
- Hand-wash only. Never in the dishwasher.
- Towel dry or heat to dry on the stovetop. Never drip-dry or store wet.
- Most importantly, cook often!
Use all tools around the grill or any other outdoor cooking set-up. Hand-wash and dry promptly. If wood handles feel too dry, apply a thin coat of food grade mineral oil to restore its texture and keep on cooking. Sheet pan and rack are oven-safe up to 500°F.